EUR ING, Dipl.-HTL-Ing. Peter AnderwaldTraining Manager
Despite much debate, a fire safety officer is allowed to operate if he or she has attended the following training:
- Fire Prevention Officer (Module I)
- Fire protection officer (Module II)
Usage-related seminars must be completed within 2 years after basic training!
- N1: establishments with a particular risk to people (hotels, schools, universities, office buildings, event venues, residential complexes, sales outlets, high-rise buildings,..).
- N2: establishments with increased fire risk (commercial and industrial plants, wood and paper processing plants,...)
- N3: establishments with special hazards (such as hospitals, nursing homes, penal institutions, ....)
- N4: Establishments with facilities worthy of special protection (such as historic buildings, EDP rooms,....)
as well as
Technical seminars must be completed within 2 years after basic training!
Depending on the presence of a facility, the following courses must be attended:
- Fire alarm system
- Smoke and heat extraction systems
- Sprinkler systems
- Gas extinguishing systems
After completing the basic training, use-related seminars and technical seminars, the fire protection officer may start his work!
The same training applies to the deputy fire safety officer!